Whenever the original recipe is changed, copied Recipe receives an automatic notification for version upgrade.
Request is to enable muting of the notification while copying/creating the recipe, so that the notifications are not propagated to the child recipes automatically. This is a critical requirement when IAs or Partners wants to propagate the notifications in a controlled way for the Master Recipes.
Yes, this would be a good feature correction to make.
1. The person 'Using the Recipe' should have a way to break the link from the source Recipe.
2. Person making the enhancement to the source Recipe should have control to propagate / mute version increments.
3. Or both...
Also, stamping a new version (to signify a functional enhancement or a fix) for a Recipe should explicitly be in the control of Recipe Owner. Internal incremental revision numbers created with every saving of Recipe, should not be treated as version change.
Hi, there is a very simple workaround -- you can break the recipe connection to parent with the following steps:
1. Copy the recipe you want to use ---> You get Copy of Recipe
2. Make a copy of the copied recipe (first copy) ---> You get Copy of Copy of Recipe
3. Delete the copied recipe (first copy) and use the second copied recipe ---> Keep Copy of Copy of Recipe, Delete Copy of Recipe
The resulting recipe will not be tagged under another Parent recipe.
But for every recipe, it requires extra efforts. For recipes copied from existing will work.
It would be good to have a configurable option. This may not work for Integration App recipes.
Most of the IA user's are having this issue, sometimes, Customers will enhance the IA recipe, But whenever master recipe changes, it still show New Version notification flag. There should be a way to stop receiving update notifications.
Send us a ticket, we will try our best to assist you with your problem