Case 1: When a contact is updated/created in Nimble CRM, we want to trigger a corresponding update/creation in Mailchimp subscriber.
Based on case 1, the recipe required will look like this:
Trigger: When a contact is created / updated in Nimble CRM
1. Search subscriber in Mailchimp based on Nimble CRM Contact ID (Custom Field in MailChimp Subscriber)
2. If Subscriber is present, update Subscriber (based on updated fields in Nimble CRM including Nimble CRM Contact ID)
3. If Subscriber is not present, create Subscriber and populate the fields based on fields in Nimble CRM contact (including Nimble Contact ID)
For this recipe to work, we would need the following addtional triggers and actions in Workato:
1. New Contact in Nimble (enabled with Since Parameter to sync ALL previous contacts)
2. Updated Contact in Nimble (enabled with Since Parameter to sync ALL previous contacts)
1. Search subscriber in Mailchimp by custom fields (i.e. Nimble CRM Contact ID) and/or Email
2.Create subscriber in Mailchimp (include Custom Fields)
Case 2: When a subscriber is updated in Mailchimp, we want to trigger a corresponding update in Nimble CRM contact.
Based on Case 2, the recipe required will look like this:
Trigger: When a subscriber is created / updated in Mailchimp
1. Search contact in Nimble by Mailchimp Subscriber ID (Custom Field in Nimble CRM Contact)
2. If contact is present, update contact (based on updated fields in Mailchimp including Mailchimp Contact ID)
3. If contact is not present, create contact and populate the fields based on fields in Mailchimp subscriber (including Mailchimp Subscriber ID)
For this recipe to work, we would need the following addtional actions in Workato:
1. Search contact in Nimble CRM by custom field (i.e. MailChimp Subscriber ID) and/or Email
2. Update contact in Nimble CRM based on Contact ID
3. Create contact in Nimble CRM (include Custom Fields)
Remarks: Mailchimp Subscriber ID & Nimble Contact ID are examples of custom fields that we can store as a unique identifier in each system. This field will be useful for cross-referencing and searching in this 2-way integration between Mailchimp and Nimble CRM.
To do a one time sync between the two systems in order to populate the IDs (Mailchimp Subscriber ID & Nimble Contact ID) from one app to the other and vice versa. We can simply change the action 1 in both recipes to search based on email instead of the ID fields. Email is not advisable to be used in this case, as Contact or Subscribers may change their emails over time.
Send us a ticket, we will try our best to assist you with your problem