Workato's Scheduler trigger is convenient for scheduling repeated tasks. Two types of clock triggers are provided:
- New Scheduled event: happens every X intervals (e.g. 5 minutes, 30 days, etc.)
- New Scheduled event (Advanced): happens at specified timings (e.g. 1:15pm every Monday and Tuesday)
1. New Scheduled Event (Basic)
This trigger is most useful as a dummy trigger for testing an action in a recipe. Do note that when using this trigger to test, you will need to re-run jobs from the jobs tab instead of clicking test again. Clicking test again will only work if the time specified in the "every" field has passed since the previous trigger event. Find out more on how to re-run jobs here.
2. New Scheduled Event (Advanced)
- In the "Hour" field, fill in 13.
- In the "Minute" field, fill in 15.
- Choose your timezone.
- Choose "yes" for Monday and Tuesday, and "no" for the rest.
What happens if I don't fill in the "Hour" field?In that case, your recipe will run at MM minutes, every hour of every day specified. In this example, on Monday and Tuesday, the recipe would be triggered at 0015, 0115, etc.