Sometimes when you start a recipe, you will notice that it does not pick up any trigger events.
If you do have a trigger event ready but still can't get the recipe to pick it up, you should try running the following steps.
These are our recommended troubleshooting steps. Trigger issues are usually resolved after this procedure.
Step 1: Test again
Hit the recipe's test button to double-check.
Step 2: Remove trigger filters
Note down what your trigger filters are, remove them, and test the recipe again. If that resolves the issue, then the trigger filters were the cause of the problem.
Step 3: Recreate the trigger separately
Suppose that we want to trigger on all new Salesforce Contacts who are named "Jack". We'll create a new Workato recipe with the following configurations (important to follow these very carefully):
- Trigger from: beginning of time (if trigger from is available)
- No trigger conditions
- Actions: stop job
- Connection: ensure that your app connection is to the same account
Step 4: Add trigger conditions to the new recipe
- Add your trigger conditions (if applicable) to the new recipe, and test it again. Does the recipe still run?
Step 5: Add trigger "From" back to the recipe
- If you have a trigger "From" that is not the "beginning of time", repeat steps 3 and 4 with that changed. Does the recipe still run?
Step 6: Apply this trigger's settings to the troubled recipe
- Go back to the recipe that doesn't work.
- Copy it to a new recipe, and do not test or run it yet.
- Make sure the copied recipe's trigger is exactly the same as the most recent test trigger that we created in steps 3 through 5.
- Hit the "Test" button. The recipe should run at this point.