Do I need a Quickbase token?
In Quickbase, applications can be configured to require application tokens before their data can be accessed. In such cases, you will be able to select an option from the Application and the Table picklists, but you will see the following error pop up.
Error 24 returned by QuickBase due to lack of application token
In the following, we'll go through how to set up your token.
First Time Activation
For users who have already activated API access, skip to "Manage Application Token"
If this is the first time setting up API access, you will need to enable this feature before managing tokens. For such users, you will see a text box that says "Get more features and work smarter" in the App Settings page. This is what it looks like.
Quickbase App Settings Page
Click on Enable which will open a prompt:
"Enable Advanced Features" prompt
Select "OK, enabled these features". Now, API access is enabled for this App. Follow the remaining steps to retrieve the access token.
Manage Application Tokens
- Select the App you wish to retrieve App token for
- Go to Settings > App properties
- Scroll to Advanced Settings (inspect the checkbox for "Require Application Tokens (normally checked)". If this is checked, an App token is required for API access)
- Click on the link "Manage Application Token page"
5. You will be directed to the "Manage Application Tokens" page. Here - you can Assign an existing Application Token, or Create a new Application Token. Copy and use this token for your recipe step so as to be able to successfully access your Quickbase data.