I bet you did not know that Lookup Tables in Workato can be used to manage your errors and give you a better reporting on the unresolved errors.
You may have a better way to present the data once you learn the basic ropes.
Here is how you can do it:
- Create a lookup table called Error Logs
- Add 5 columns with the respective column labels: 1) Job ID, 2) Job URL, 3) Message, 4) Resolved?, 5) Job Created at?
- The recipe logic can be as follow below, I have also attached a link here as an example.
- Insert your recipe to replace action 2. By doing so, the try-catch action on monitor actions for error till on error step will monitor your recipe for any errors. On an error, it will log the error in the Lookup table.
- You can click on the Job URL to rerun the error, if it is a failure again, the number in the column "Resolved?" will increase to show the number of times it has been rerun. If it is a success, it will be recorded as a Yes in the same column.
By logging your errors in this format, it helps to track and manage your errors in a more organized fashion.
This will be especially useful if you are using a callable recipe, with an array payload. And for each of this jobs in the array, process it with a called recipe. It would be helpful to use this method in the called recipe if you want all jobs to be processed despite certain errors. This is because the jobs in the called recipe will end abruptly in the event that there is an error recorded.