When setting up the real-time trigger, you will need to follow these steps for it to work. However, you may still encounter some issues. Here are some steps to troubleshoot them.
1. Check the endpoint URL in the Salesforce outbound message
- Organisation ID must be correct. To obtain your Organisation ID:
- Click on “Setup” on the top right of the screen
- Navigate to Administer > Company Profile > Company Information
- There you will be able to see the salesforce.com organization id
- Endpoint URL requires the API name of the SF object. If using custom objects, make sure __c is appended to the end of the object name. The name is also case sensitive (eg. Case, not case or CASE)
To find a field's API name for custom objects, please follow these steps:
- Go to Setup | Create | Objects | <Object> | Fields
- And check for "API name" column name value
2. Check the SF workflow rule triggering the outbound message
- The "Updated to subsequently meet criteria" option is only to be used if the recipe should trigger only when a record that doesn't meet the criteria is updated to meet it.
- We recommend using the "Created, and any time it's updated" option instead, and use recipe trigger filters / SOQL WHERE clause in the recipe trigger to filter out unwanted records.
3. Check the trigger filters in the recipe. A wrongly set trigger may be preventing the recipe from picking up new jobs.
- However, if the recipe triggers properly once every 12 hours, it probably means the recipe trigger filter is set up correctly and you should check 1 and 2 instead.